Sunset Gemstone Power Statement Cluster Necklace (c)

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Changed My Mind. Do you want to know why?

Quite frankly I'm sick of talking about myself.

When I did my research on what it is I'm suppose to be writing about it said that "blogging gives people the opportunity to get to know who you are."  I'm 57 years old and I don't know who I am yet, nor do I care to.

One of my gleams into aging wisdom is that we are always constantly evolving, learning exploring and expanding.  We are never the same person waking up as we were going to bed, and what I have to share with you is much more important then where my creative inspiration comes from.  So all you big powerful corporate people who follow this blog trying to figure out how to be creative will have to wait.

Why?

Because Joan is more important.  Her family is more important.  And what they are doing can save your life or the life of someone you know and/or love. And that's more important.

Love.  It seems that February has become the month of love.  If you want to be inspired and humbled take a moment to meet Joan and her family.  I promise that you'll be richer for the visit.

A life long non-smoker, Joan Gaeta was a devoted wife, teacher and mother of five.  Diagnosed with lung cancer in early 2004, she fought a three and a half year battle before succumbing in July of 2007.

During that time she stressed the need for greater awareness of lung cancer (the number one cancer killer in the world), it's low survival rate, and it's tragic lack of research funds,  She was most passionate about eliminating the stigma of the disease, since lung cancer slao strikes non-smokers at a high rate.

The Joan Gaeta Lung cancer Fund was created in the Fall of 2007 as The Joan Gaeta Lung Cancer Foundation by her husband and children to raise awareness of the disease, to educate the public, and to be an advocate for research. They also strive to eliminate the stigma of lung cancer and to support survivors and their loved ones in the community.

 Don't live in Atlanta?  Can't make it?  Send a check. Five or ten dollars, it doesn't have to be big. Say "hey,  I'm thinking about you."
Spread the love.  The REAL love.


During the month of February 20% of all proceeds from http://www.ontherocksgems.com will go to
The Joan Gaeta Lung Cancer Foundation

Every month will be dedicated to a Non-profit organization with 20% of all sales at www.ontherocksgems.com being donated to them


No comments:

Post a Comment