Sunset Gemstone Power Statement Cluster Necklace (c)

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

With Friends Like This a Girl Can Do Anything

"An Etsy message from ontherocks with a link that looked innocent enough; ontherocksgems.blogspot.com/
But  was it Reeaally innocent I wondered my head still foggy from not enough sleep or coffee.

Could it be True? a Blog written by that Funny, Smart, Creative and Endlessly sleep deprived Artist Maryanne Murphy!!, or was it just a cruel joke, a hack, a scam, a Nigerian phishing expedition where I’m meant to be the trout?

I knew it could mean trouble but know matter, it was to late My interest was peaked I had to know the Truth. After making sure all my McAfee security software was up to date I cautiously clicked the afore mentioned link. It looked safe enough… but Was it?….Was It? I tentatively read the first few words,…yes…Yes!… Yes! It Was!, It Was a Blog written by the Beautiful and Always Entrepreneurial Maryanne Murphy!

I couldn't wait to know more and proceeded on, soon finding myself swept up into a roller coaster of emotions, I laughed, I cried, I commiserated, and on top of it all I learned something New! OK! the crying was really the result of an errant poke & peck, but the rest is Absolutely True; well at least that’s how I remember it! Bravo!,.. Bravo! Oh Wait! …Brava!!,.. Brava!!,…Brava!!… Encore!!,…Encore!! You Did It! yyyYYeeeeaaaahhh!!
I can’t wait to read the next installment. Cary…..:)"

Life is full of interesting twists and turns. And if you're  lucky some wonderful people along the way.  

Cary, who has a beautiful and interesting shop on Etsy (just click on the crown and you'll be whisked right over) was my very first Etsy friend.  He doesn't know how much I truly appreciate his support, conversation and sense of humor especially in my very beginnings as a tentative  Etsy Newbie.  Well....I guess he does now. 

I "met" him while I was doing one of my first Etsy Treasuries. Titled "Oh Holy Night"
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4cf9e0db20146d91894ee009/oh-holy-night?index=3
in which I gathered together offerings from Etsy shops that reflected the sanctity of the Christmas season.

Now, I am originally from the New York Metropolitan region and a regular patron of the auction houses Christie's and Sotheby's.  I had .....never,..... ever...... seen a crown for sale. 

What a beautiful visual it made for the birth of the "King of Kings" in my Treasury.  And I was so fascinated by these gorgeous new discoveries.  Go see - there's more crowns in the shop!  I felt like a treasure hunter discovering priceless works of art.and giddy with discovery.
Of course what is truly priceless is the person behind these beautiful things. 
In future offerings I will be introducing you to other wonderful and interesting people that I have been lucky enough to have "met" along life's twists and turns.

No comments:

Post a Comment