Sunset Gemstone Power Statement Cluster Necklace (c)

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 New Year's Resolution - Create Blog/What's In A Name?

O.K.  So now I'm Face booked, Linked In and Tweeted.  From all the reading I have done on how to market your web based business all these things are necessary, PLUS the almighty Blog.  Now I'm adding one more thing that I don't know how to do at 6:10 am Sunday morning, January 2, 2011.  And no I haven't been to bed yet. 

Well, so far this blogging has been real easy.  Somewhere in my research something and/or someone said that Google had a free blog thingy.  So I typed in "Google blog" in the Google search box.  I was asked for my email address. maryanne@ontherocksgems.com, a password, and to pick out the name of my blog.  Now that was difficult.

On The Rocks, On The Rocks Gems, Fun on the Rocks, RocksnGems (I liked that one) On The Rocks Gemstone Jewelry, Rocks, (ha, ha) Gems, (laugh harder).  As you can see I picked out  On The Rocks Gems. 

Why?  Somewhere, somehow, along the way, someone found my website www.ontherocksgems.com and did an analysis, (is there spell check on this thing???)geezz, (oh, there it is!!) I spelled analysis right.  Go me.  My name got  an "F."  Yup, I failed website naming.  I wish I could find what they said and "link" to it from here, but I guess it went into cyberspace.  Me, I was thrilled.  After HOURS, and yes I am shouting, of  research work, SEOing  and "optimizing" everything that I could find.... someone found me on the web.

There it was. On the web.
"ontherocksgems" earns an F in website names. 

I was happier then a pig in you know what. (I really would like to say s - - -, but I don't know what is correct in this blogging, and since I may become a literary genius blogging my way into 2 or 3 hearts (just woke my daughter up laughing my head off: 6:41 am) she will be one of the 2 or 3 people who will read this ...I better watch my language.

I wrote to them and thanked them for finding me (the people who gave me the "F")....Told them how bad could the name be if they found me and took the time to flunk me in web site naming. 

And there I was...on the the first page.  For the first time.  Ever.  On the web.

I thought I did a great job naming my addiction. After all I paired it down from On The Rocks Gemstone Jewelry to plain old On The Rocks Gems.  Couldn't do my first choice, On The Rocks.  A bar and band had that name.  Ha!  I do have "ontherockss."  What can I say, Go Daddy got me at a weak moment.

So now you know what I had to go through to try and figure out what to call this thing.  But it gave me something to write about, so I guess it can't be all that bad.  WHAT on earth AM I going to write about?  And who cares? 

Maybe at 57 years old I may have some nuggets of wisdom, or an arcane sense of humor to pass along.

I mean, ALL I wanted to do was play with my pretty rocks and make my jewelry. And now because of the enthusiastic and wonderful support of family and friends who kept saying "you should sell your jewelry,"  I am littering up cyberspace with my 2 cents.

It's 7:09 am.  I can't make up my mind what I want.  A beer or an orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment